F W Evans Cycles opened their first shop in 1921 on the Kennington Road in south east London. Trading from this site for thirty years, F.W Evans Cycles built up a strong reputation as a quality cycle shop. It became particularly well known for building its own frames and bikes, earning an award from the Cyclists Touring Club (CTC) for ‘The greatest improvement in cycle design, construction or equipment during the year 1925’.
The business was purchased by Joseph Smith in the 1950s. At the time, the shop sold a range of cycles and toys, but during the seventies Joseph handed the business on to his son, Gary Smith, who developed the shop into a specialist cycle retailer.
After more than 50 years of trading at Kennington Road, re-development of the site saw the store relocated to The Cut in Waterloo in 1977, where the shop continues to trade today.
This fine F W Evans lightweight bicycle would have been purchased from the Evans Waterloo store in the early 1980’s.
Complete with reliable and smooth running wheels and the addition of a useful pannier rack for carrying those adventure essentials.
We try to ensure every bike is well suited to the rider, as a result we have included the following as a guideline for the ideal rider:
|Height||6’0″ – 6’5″ (183 – 196cm)|
|Size (Seat Tube)||64cm|
What is included?